Who doesn’t look forward to a hot shower in the morning? While the water delivery in your home is an essential comfort, its operational system often goes unnoticed until it’s time to install a new heater. With so many options out there and two largely different options available, how do you know which one is right for you and your family?
We know how important finding the right water heater is for your home, with so many daily tasks revolving around its performance, choosing the appropriate system is critical. While electric storage heaters provide you with a ready reserve of hot water, their instant hot water alternatives provide you with an unlimited supply.
Knowing the difference between these two delivery systems is the key to creating a more efficient and economical household.
A quick comparison can help you in making the right decision for your home or property, which is why we have outlined the key components of the two most popular hot water delivery systems, instant and storage.
The Benefits of Instant Hot Water Delivery
Instant or ‘continuous flow’ water heaters use gas to heat the water as you go, providing you with a continuous supply of hot water, as you need it. These are popular systems to install as they cater for large households or those that regularly require hot water.
While these water heaters are more expensive to install and maintain than an electric storage alternative, they won’t have you waiting for the water to warm up.
Here are the top 3 reasons to consider installing an instant water heater:
- Instant hot water delivery – This saves you energy and money in the long run, as they only heat the water you use.
- Compact design – There is a wide range of instant hot water systems available so you can select the size and modal which best suits your spatial restrictions.
- Longer lifespan – These systems offer you double the life expectancy than the storage alternatives, provided you service and maintain them regularly.
The Benefits of Storage Water Delivery
Electric storage water heaters use a cylinder to heat and store the water for your home and are a great choice for those who do not require an endless supply.
While storage water systems are known as the most affordable option to install, they also have an array of other benefits, making them a great choice for many homes and businesses.
Here are the top 3 reasons to consider installing a storage hot water heater:
- Lower costs – Being the most affordable option, electric storage water heaters are a great addition to all homes, providing you with an effective hot water solution that requires no maintenance or service fees.
- Hot water throughout a power cut – Because the water is heated and stored, you will have access to hot water even after the power is cut from your home. This is a great option if you are reliant on hot water for your day to day operations.
- Suitable for all water pressures – Regardless of your properties water pressure, electric storage heaters are adaptable to the requirements of your situation. Being the most versatile and user-friendly option, storage water systems can be fitted with ease to all homes.
Which Is Best For you?
Now that we have explored the features of both instant and storage water heating systems, making a choice that caters for the requirements of your home can be a more straightforward exercise.
We do however recommend you enlist the professional advice of a hot water delivery system professional, as getting leading industry expertise and the latest advice could end up saving you a great deal of time and money in the long run.
For all of your hot water questions and queries, get in touch with the team at Hot Water Solutions, we stock and install the leading hot water systems for both residential and commercial properties, feel free to browse through our photo gallery and check out some of our work!