All of our products are covered by the standard manufacturer warranty which will be sent to you on completion of the job. We also keep this in our database if required in the future. If you have a warranty issue on a product that we have supplied then we will follow up with supplier.
For a hardware related failure, the manufacturer’s warranty will provide response times and coverage. This information is available on the manufacturer’s website. Examples of the various types of warranties may include:
Stainless mains pressure hot water cylinders – 10 years on the cylinder & 3 years labour
Low-pressure hot water cylinders – 5 years on the cylinder with 1-year parts & labour
Electrical components (element & thermostat) – 1-year parts &1-year labour
Valves – 5 years parts & 2 years labour
Warranty failure types
Hot Water Solutions will provide warranty based on the above terms provided the failure has not been caused as a result of the following:
- Attempted repairs by anyone other than our installers during the warranty period
- Where any defects / sub-standard items highlighted in the installation report have not been rectified to the correct standard(s)
- Any failure or problems resulting from inadequate supply or poor quality of services such as electricity, gas or water
- Failure caused as a result of corrosion, waterborne debris or scale/sludge deposits
- Incorrect handling of equipment
- The equipment has been sized incorrectly for the system’s minimum and maximum operating conditions
- Corrosion due to adverse environmental conditions
- Frost damage
- Damage to the product caused by theft, attempted theft, vandalism or other factors such as fire or flood
- Failure of or incorrectly set controls
- Where installation, commissioning or maintenance has been undertaken by a non-competent third party
- Incorrect re-installation / operation of the equipment by a third party
- All repair work during the warranty period must be carried out by Hot Water Solutions.
- The warranty period commences from the date of installation of the water heater. Where proof of the date of installation is not available, the warranty period commences on the date of manufacture of the water heater.
- Cost for third party repairs will not be accepted without prior authorisation of Hot Water Solutions.
- In the event of equipment failure, Hot Water Solutions must be given the opportunity to inspect the equipment in situ prior to any remedial action taking place.
- Any repair carried out under the terms of this warranty does not extend the warranty beyond its original period.
- Where Hot Water Solutions has provided design / installation advice, whilst every reasonable care has been taken in formulating our recommendations, Hot Water Solutions cannot accept any responsibility for the final design, construction and installation of the system.
- This warranty is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights.
- All information you provide to Hot Water Solutions is treated in the strictest confidence. Warranty claims can be made at the point of sale or by emailing a warranty claim to the manufacturer (contact details listed above) within one one month of the appearance of a defect.If you would like to speak with one of our trained staff on your warranty request please call us on 0800 497658 or send a message on our contact us page.
- the Customer has paid Hot Water Solutions all amounts owing; and
- the Customer has met all other obligations due by the Customer to Hot Water Solutions.