All of our products are covered by the standard manufacturers warranties which will be sent to you on completion of the job. We also keep this in our database if required in the future. If you have a warranty issue on a product that we have supplied then we will follow up with supplier.
For a hardware related failure, the manufacturer’s warranty will provide response times and coverage. This information is available on the manufacturer’s website. Examples of the various types of warranties may include:
- Stainless mains pressure hot water cylinders – 10 years on the cylinder and 3 years labour
- Low-pressure hot water cylinders – 5 years on the cylinder with 1-year parts & labour
- Electrical components (element & thermostat) – 1-year parts and 1-year labour
- Valves – 5 years parts and 2 years labour
The quickest method to receive assistance on a hardware fault is through the manufacturer. Examples of these for the main manufacturers used by Hot Water Solutions are:
- 0800 657336
- 0800 746624
- 0800 543352
- +613 9274 0000
Hot Water Solutions will provide warranty based on the above terms provided the failure has not been caused as a result of the following:-
- Attempted repairs by anyone other than our installers during the warranty period
- Where any defects / sub-standard items highlighted in the installation report have not been rectified to the correct standard(s)
- Any failure or problems resulting from inadequate supply or poor quality of services such as electricity, gas or water
- Failure caused as a result of corrosion, waterborne debris or scale/sludge deposits
- Incorrect handling of equipment
- The equipment has been sized incorrectly for the system’s minimum and maximum operating conditions
- Corrosion due to adverse environmental conditions
- Frost damage
- Damage to the product caused by theft, attempted theft, vandalism or other factors such as fire or flood
- Failure of or incorrectly set controls
- Where installation, commissioning or maintenance has been undertaken by a non-competent third party
- Incorrect re-installation / operation of the equipment by a third party
All repair work during the warranty period must be carried out by Hot Water Solutions.
Cost for third party repairs will not be accepted without prior authorisation of Hot Water Solutions.
In the event of equipment failure, Hot Water Solutions must be given the opportunity to inspect the equipment in situ prior to any remedial action taking place.
Any repair carried out under the terms of this warranty does not extend the warranty beyond its original period.
Where Hot Water Solutions has provided design / installation advice, whilst every reasonable care has been taken in formulating our recommendations, Hot Water Solutions cannot accept any responsibility for the final design, construction and installation of the system.
This warranty is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights.