What You Can Expect To Pay For A Hot Water Cylinder In New Zealand
Hot water cylinder prices vary greatly depending on the type of cylinder you’re looking at. Pricier cylinders may be more efficient to use, and they could last much longer than cheap cylinders.
First, let’s look at two of the most common types of hot water cylinders in New Zealand:
Electric Cylinders. Electric cylinders are perhaps NZ’s most common type of hot water cylinder. They are relatively inexpensive, and you can find them at varying prices depending on their quality.
The average hot water cylinder price for a brand-new electric cylinder is around $1000 to $1500 in New Zealand. However, you can also find very high-quality ones for around $3000.
At Hot Water Solutions, we offer a selection of electric cylinders that range from $975 to $2950. You can surely find one that fits your needs if you’re looking for a new electric hot water cylinder!
Gas Cylinders. Gas hot water cylinders are a bit more expensive than electric cylinders. Still, they are usually more efficient and can save money on energy bills via cheaper running costs.
The average hot water cylinder price of a new gas cylinder in New Zealand is around $2000 to $2700.
At Hot Water Solutions, we have several gas hot water cylinders available, ranging from $1895 to $2525.
What Affects The Cost Of My New Hot Water Cylinder?
You may wonder, ‘Why is one cylinder just under $1000, but another nearing $3000? A few things that can affect the cost of your new cylinder are:
- The Type Of Cylinder. As you can see, electric cylinders tend to be a bit cheaper than gas cylinders.
- The Size Of The Cylinder. Your hot water cylinder price will strongly be affected by how large it is. Naturally, larger hot water cylinders are usually more expensive than smaller ones.
- The Quality Of The Cylinder. Modern cylinders made of amazing materials designed to be efficient and long-lasting are more expensive than lower-quality ones.
Please remember to factor in installation costs when budgeting for your new hot water cylinder’s price!
Here are some tips for choosing your new hot water cylinder:
- Consider Your Needs. What are your household’s hot water needs? Choose a cylinder that fits your household and how much water you use. Remember, a cylinder that’s too small won’t be efficient enough for your home, but a cylinder that’s too big might be wasteful.
- Get The Right Type Of Cylinder. What type of cylinder do you need? Electric, gas or another type?
If you’re having trouble figuring out what size or type of cylinder you need, please feel free to call us! We’d be glad to be of assistance.
How Much Hot Water Cylinder Maintenance Can Cost
Did you know that your hot water usage takes up around 27% of your electricity? That’s quite a good chunk! Therefore, it’s important that you use your hot water wisely and treat your hot water cylinder well to reduce your utility bills and how much you have to pay for maintenance and replacements.
Don’t worry; reducing your bills is quite simple. Consider the following:
- Get Regular Hot Water System Maintenance. Routine maintenance can help to prevent small problems from becoming larger, more expensive problems. We recommend having your hot water system seen and maintained by a professional at least once a year, even if it seems fine.
- Insulate Your Cylinder. Insulating your cylinder can help keep it hot, which prevents heat and energy loss.
- Purchase A High-Quality Cylinder. This tip may seem counterintuitive at first. Wouldn’t the hot water cylinder price be higher on a higher-quality cylinder? While that’s true, an amazing cylinder will last much longer and will be much stronger. So, you’ll have to spend less on repairs, and it’ll be more efficient. Choosing a quality cylinder right now, even a more expensive one, can save you money in the long run.
Reduce Your Hot Water Usage. Pay attention to how much hot water you and your family use. Can you spot areas where you can save a bit of water? Think about using cold water, or no water, when possible.
Do Want To Learn More? Call Today!
Whether you need a new hot water system, maintenance services or want some answers to your hot water questions, we at Hot Water Solutions are here to help! All we do is hot water, and we’re prepared to make your life (and your home!) better.
If you need a new hot water cylinder or a new water heater altogether, come and see our selection of products.
If you need help with your current hot water system, we also offer an array of services.
If you’re unsure what to do or have questions, you can call us on 0800 497658 or visit our website for more information.
With Hot Water Solutions, your lovely home will always be warm and comfortable.